Virtual Chief Marketing Officer
“Don’t find customers for your products,
find products for your customers”
“Don’t find customers for your products, find products for your customers”
What is a Virtual Chief Marketing Officer?
A Virtual Chief Marketing Officer (VCMO) is a marketing expert that is responsible for leading the marketing strategy and managing the marketing department, remotely. Marketing officers typically work with organisations who need the role of a CMO, but not in a full-time capacity.
The primary goal of a VCMO is to help you identify your business objective, and then prepare a marketing strategy that is going to help you achieve them.
Organisations use VCMO services because they do not need a full-time CMO but still require expert strategy and leadership and often enjoy the flexibility a VCMO has to offer. Often, it also makes sense to bring in a VCMO as opposed to a full-time CMO. This can be a financial benefit because they cost a fraction of the price, or the organisation may only require these services for a short period of time or even on ad-hoc projects, which don’t necessarily justify employing a full-time CMO.
What is the difference between a Virtual Chief Marketing Officer and a Chief Marketing Officer?
The only real difference between these two is that the Virtual Marketing Officer sits remotely and provides expert strategic marketing services as and when the need arises, whereas the Chief Marketing Officer is a full-time employee who is most likely office-based, or at least most of the time.
What are the real benefits of hiring a VCMO?
How can they help you overcome your marketing or growth challenges?
- Develop your marketing strategy, positioning, and messaging in line with your overall organisational goals
- Oversee your pricing strategy and margins
- Manage your competitive advantage through differentiation, innovation quality and service
- Translate your go-to-market marketing strategy into an actionable plan
- Create and manage the marketing processes
- Managing, growing, and mentoring your marketing team
- Working with external agencies or finding the right one for you
- Managing and overseeing your overall customer experience and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Overseeing and reporting on objectives, implementation, and metrics
Services I offer but not limited to include:
- Marketing strategies
- Marketing strategy workshops with leadership teams
- Marketing plans and budgets
- Market and competitor analysis
- Customer research
- Content planning for both online and offline
- Internal communication plans
- Internal strategic marketing training
- PR strategy
All the above services can be offered as a once-off service, or we can discuss the option to do a combination of the above over a period at a fixed fee to get the most out of your investment.