This is often a question I get asked, so no it is not only you. But yes, there is something you can do.
I always say we have lots to talk about if we know who we are talking to and what it is they want to know. It’s different if you keep trying to write a letter to yourself because yes then you feel like you don’t know what to say anymore or it feels like you just keep saying the same thing.
How to eliminate this feeling of I don’t know what to say anymore on social?
- You must know who your target market is. You need to understand who they are, what it is they are looking for and how you can help them. As soon as you define this you should already be able to create a list of topics that are relevant to this target market.
So already it changes the “typical” style of posting…. let’s post about us, and how we do it and what we do!! Now yes, that can get quite boring right?
- Now it’s time to plan. Now that you have identified a whole list of topics that are relevant to your target market, now you can plan how you are going to share these. Are u going to write a post, do a reel, share a short video, do a live or write an article. Now it is essential that you plan out your content a month in advance at least, so it gives you the opportunity to be innovative how you are going to share the content so it’s not “just another post”.
At this stage you should start feeling excited. You have clarity who you talking to, you know what u want to say and now it is time to just do it.
- Create your content. Go ahead and create and schedule your content using the number of resources available to us, free, online. Remember to always have a strong call to action so your posts can also have more intention and not just showing up because you must.
Now that you have more clarity and a plan (and not posting off the cuff) you too can have a bit more time and fun to be creative, and remember, consistent.
What to do after you have a content plan in place?
So now that the hard part is over and you no longer feeling overwhelmed with a wealth of content to share and hopefully already scheduled. A few next steps include:
- Monitor your posts and page insights. See which posts (and type) get the most traction regarding shares, likes or comments. It is important to keep an eye on this so you can start doing more of the stuff people like. And it also gives us an opportunity to give ourselves a tap on the back for a job well done.
- Always remember to also be active on your page. So even though you may schedule posts you can’t walk away. You need to keep an eye on any comments and engagement, so you are engaged too. Otherwise, it isn’t going to be a win-win.
- Lastly. Another benefit of planning your content in advance…you now too can start repurposing it. So, you can take your content plan and from that you can create other forms of content to use and the best part, you can also repurpose your content. So just because you share a post today about “How to write great content for social” it doesn’t mean you can’t reshare it, maybe just change the headline, graphic or perhaps make it a video the next time you post it. This to me is the biggest benefit of having a clear understanding of your audience and what it is they want to hear and planning it out in advance so all you going to be doing is focusing on those specific topics again and again.
Because when you only talk about yourself over and over again, that is boring and doesn’t really resonate with anyone, and definitely not your ideal target market, thus it simply has no intention.
Now is the time to move, get clarity, prepare your content, and start building those meaningful connections.
If you would like to learn more, register now for free to join me at Mi Lifeline Learning and get started.
Or if you enjoyed reading this blog leave a comment or book a free 30min strategy call with me